Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hello Angel

For those of you who also read my sister Colette's blog, she has just written a funny story entitled "Hello Sweetheart" .  This story has prompted me to also tell a story that has recently happned to me.  While I am throwing myself under the bus, it is just too funny to keep to myself.

The entire time we had been living at Savage Street we had troubles with our phone.  Every once in a while, we would pick up the phone and the lines would be crossed, so we'd hear an up close and personal account of what was going on between "Jack and Diane".  It was pretty sweet playing that game of spy, until I realized that we couldn't actually use our phone at all during their  loooong drawn out conversations.

If you are wondering, yes-we were paying the bill ourselves and not hacking into someone else's line.

The other thing that would happen fairly constantly would be wrong number calls.  Because they were happening pretty frequently, I guess I just switched into auto-pilot when this old lady called.  The convo went a little something like this:

Me: "hello?"
old lady: "oh hello angel"
Me: "uh no sorry, there's no angel here"

She meant, angel...not Angel.  I am an idiot.

3 comments: