Saturday, January 1, 2011

...and a HAPPY new year!

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's already 2011!  I feel like time has just fast forwarded in the blink of an eye, and to tell you the truth-I don't like how fast it has been going!  Gone are the days of being a kid and feeling like it was about 2 years between birthdays/Christmas' or any other fun holiday.  Maybe it's just the product of getting older.

2010 has been good to us.  We moved up to Queensland, Australia shortly after Christmas last and have been settling in ever since with 3 moves throughout the year, and then one final one into our own house!  So glad we won't be doing that for a while!  Other than that, Chris and I were both blessed to have good jobs and be enjoying PLENTY of sunshine (with the exception of the past few weeks since we are going through a FLOOD here in QLD!)
No food on the supermarket shlves...shiz is gettin real!

Worst flood in almost a century!




2010 was FULL of weddings as my sister Colette was married to Ian in the States, and 2 of Chris' best friends here in Australia and we were lucky to have been a part of all 3 of them!  We also got to add another nephew to the mix as ELI was born February 12th!


I have been thinking of some good resolutions for this year, and that can be a telling experience.  Delving into the areas of your life you want to improve, or where you have come up short etc can be a little overwhelming.  I know it's the cliche resolution, but I want to try and get back into the routine of going to the gym.  I really don't enjoy lifting/running, but I also don't want to become "soggy mcgee" over here.  Plus, the downside to living in a hot country...your body needs to be "bikini ready" a lot more frequently!  Aside from that, it just isn't healthy for me to be doing nothing.
My second resolution is to stop procrastinating (and in particular to finish the project that I have started).  So often there is something hanging over my head of something I have to do, or was planning and it just never gets done.  I wonder how much energy gets spent on being preoccupied with something that never comes to fruition.

I'm still trying to think of my third one, since I have limited myself to just 3 of the many things I'd like to change or be better at.  I am probably going to try not to be such a perfectionist when it comes to things that don't really matter in life...or work on my patience.

Anyway, 2010 has been a fun and busy year and I also have a lot to be grateful for.  I have a great husband, and good health, a job, and a new home!  I am also grateful for my friends and family whom I adore!!  I am also grateful for the country that I live in.  I wish it wasn't so far away from my home, but at a time where so many countries are in a state of unrest-I am thankful to live in a country with a good quality of life.

Well-that's me signing out, a few days late....(working on that resolution!)...but may 2011 be good to you!

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to come up with some resolutions too- it is TOUGH to pick which changes should be a priority. Our 2010 was pretty great too and i am hopeful that 2011 will only get better. Happy New Year, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great year....hopefully it just keeps getting better!
    Having a bikini ready body really is just the best motivation (jealous).
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is well with your house and that it is not flooding. We went through 2 - 100 year flood events while we lived at our last house which had a river behind it (someones math is obviously off but so is it!) We never flooded but it was sooo stressful worrying about house. I hope you haven't had any trouble with that.
    Happy 2011

    ReplyDelete