Monday, December 20, 2010

Chicken Casserole

SO many people I know are pregnant at the moment.  I must be at that age...and I know you are all saying or thinking "take the hint, hop to it!" but you'll just have to sit and wait a little more patiently. :) Because of this I decided to omit a real title, as I don't want people to jump to all kinds of crazy conclusions.  Sorry to disappoint on another front as well, because no, I do not have a recipe for chicken casserole either.  Come on people, you know I suck at cooking!

One of the most exciting future additions on the way has already affectionately been named "baby steeney", and is hopefully going to make HER debut around December 29th.  That is, unless she decides to torture my sister and keep the lady in waiting.  It is Heidi and Dave Steenhoek's first baby and we are all thrilled for them, as well as finally having a girl to add to our family.  Ahem, extended family.  hahahah.

Living far away, it is always exciting to get to see the progressive pictures of the growing belly.  It validates that it is really happening, and I also think that a pregnant woman is beautiful.  Because of this, I have been prompting my sister to get some belly shots out to us (as our family is scattered across the globe).  But for some reason she is reluctant to do so...I was finally excited to get a picture email from her, only to open it and realize that I totally got punk'd.

he's glowing!!

Then It got me thinking, maybe it's because she can't think of a good pose.  I stumbled across this blog, and think it could be really helpful for all the mommies out there to get the creative juices flowing.  It is sure to make you wanna throw up in your mouth, I mean, make your heart melt.  This one takes the cake for me:

dad's in the spirit

On a serious note, my friend Trisha just did an adorable shoot with a girl expecting twins.  How cute is this picture!?!
Anyway, just wanted to give a big shout out congratulations to all the beautiful preggo's in my life!!!

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHA! Those pix are great, especially the nude couple, I'm sure their child will be really happy to have that keepsake photo :S As for Heidi, what a brat! She probably looks like a pregnancy model, maybe she just doesn't want other people to feel bad that she looks so amazing pregnant? I dunno, but I'm sure the world could handle seeing her pregnant beauty, and if not the world, then at least her family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! the nude pregnant pictures. i'm totally down for it. just KIDDING. i am glad there are others that feel the same way. NOT cool. and that one is THE worst i have seen. thanks for sharing! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word...that link...how is the naked handstand not the cake taker for you?!!?! haha wow dude

    ReplyDelete