Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's in a NAME?

When I was originally dreaming up titles for my blog, I was thinking that I wanted to have a deep and meaningful title.  I would joke around about the compulsion to title them with some ridiculous pun (see each one of my monthly posts!), and wanted to dream up something I thought was funny.  


MEASLEY-BEEK.  What the hell does that mean?  I remember being sad about changing my name when I got married 3 years ago, and tossed up the option of some sort of bastardized hybrid mash up we could both have instead.  A fifty/fifty split, a yin and a yang.  I jokingly came up with M-B, and further screwed around with the idea of the same silly name on my blog.  Well, it STUCK!  People loved it, and it was getting continual laughs when I'd throw it out there as a joke of a suggestion.


Today, once again, a friend reiterated that that is a funny name and would suit my blog.  Her exact words were "it's a comedy blog, the current title just doesn't suit it...it's not YOU".  What a great compliment that at least ONE person finds me funny, besides my sister cousins Becca, Helen or Amy, who pretty much laugh when I sneeze (ok maybe sneezing IS funny if you knew me as a 5 year old...but that is a story for another day...Lindsay Butler!).  


The change over sort of puts the pressure on me to keep things light hearted, and to get my humor across such a one dimensional medium, no?  Oh well...here goes nothing...








2 comments:

  1. I think it's great - and hilarious. But now I have to change it on my blogroll. Oh, the price one pays for access to the funny. (No pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. (Lovin' Lisa's comment too).

    ReplyDelete