Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Tribute to Technology

Last Saturday was one of a few times, that I have been able to hop online and watch my little bro play volleyball.  It is so amazing that you can just hook up 12000 kilometers away, and practically feel like you are sitting in the crowd with your foam finger on.  Al's team has been doing great this year, and just won the gold at the Canada West Final Four tournement in Edmonton.  They will progress to the CIS national championship and are seeded first in the country!  They won their first game, and play again tomorrow night.  It is always great to watch him play, but I was extra grateful for technology today as it bridges the gap between here and the homeland.  I know people complain about computers screwing up, or the anti-social robotic side of technology...but it does make our lives easier sometimes and today was one of those days.



Along that theme, we also three-way skyped with the sisters connecting Canada, Australia and Hungary together in one family reunion "extravaganza" as Colette affectionately called it.  We missed the rest of the fam, but as usual dad was on the road, Heidi was napping with baby M (who had her first needles today, or "jabs" as they call it here-that hurts just saying it like that!), and Mom and Al are at the CIS tournement.  In any case it was fun to see and hear everyone at the same time, and of course get a little look at the GROWING nephews!!  It was funny because every once in a while a book would float up in front of the camera, or a playdough "cake", etc as Andrew wanted to show us every little thing he was doing.  So cute!!

Aside from that, things at the Beasley household are going well.  We are both gearing up to put our 'student caps' on again as we undertake the beginning of a new term.  Chris will be taking an accelerated bridge course to get his teaching certificate.  He is also at firefighters school starting on March 9th, so that will definitely be keeping him busy, hopefully he can keep up-as both are supposed to be pretty intense.  As for me, I have decided to transfer my education once and for all so that I can finish this freaking nursing degree.  I guess the product of playing and traveling means that the school priority takes the back burner.  Although, that being said, I am relieved it's not the other way around.  I will be working full time still, so it will just be part-time studying for now.  I'll keep you posted in 9 years when I actually graduate...keep your fingers crossed...hehehe

That is pretty much it on our front.  I am LOVING this new dog still, and we are getting in a good groove of plenty of exercise...and some play time.  He is just the incentive I need to get active again since we have been walking twice a day!! :)

N'importe Quoi:

  • Chorizo is the business.
  • Sydney's coldest day in 61 years was +4.3 Celcius.
  • I don't like when people use the term “hubby”, I also dislike when ppl here use the term "righty-o".  It sounds as if it is a really easy going saying, but really it seems to be used as a bit of a snotty disagreeance.
  • I think the sound of farts are absolutely hilarious…always have.  Ask my mom, I used to get disciplined for "bathroom talk".
  • what's good for the goose is good for the gander. this saying cracks me up, and I had to look up what a "gander" was.  (apparently it is a male goose, so the expression means: what is good for a woman is good for a man.  I like it!)
  • You know you have hit an all time low when you're selling a used urn in the bargain finder.
  • Miley Cyrus looks like a cabbage patch kid.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love hearing what you are up to. Way to rub in that little fact about the temp in Sydney ;)
    Hooray for wonderful technology (I can't imagine how isolating being a stay at home mom would have been without it, let alone living so far from home). I am so glad you saw your cute little nephews. I saw them on Monday and I can never get over just how GORGEOUS their eyes are.......heart breakers in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she does - (Miley Cyrus that is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and I'm happy you are blogging! Glad you were able to see Al and chat it up with the sisters, so fun! I also dislike the term hubby, a lot! And the rest are also priceless! (cabbage patch kid ;-)

    ReplyDelete