Sunday, August 29, 2010

"What do you like better, Christmas or WEDDING SEASON?"

Every time I am getting ready to write a new post, I have banked together a bunch of material that I swear I'll remember...and then I get in here and loaded up, and my mind goes blank.  I'm gonna have to get used to this blogging, I think it just takes more practice...I hope?


It's been an exciting few weeks as my baby sister has recently got engaged, and is getting married on September 18th!!  Let the ticket booking mayhem begin!  It has been almost a year since I have seen my family/friends, so it is the perfect time for a celebration!


My sister is engaged to a fella named Ian Johnson, and the wedding is just outside Charlottesville, Virginia.  Chris and I are both blessed and able to go, so we are hopping the quick flight on over to the "Old Dominion State".  I hear it's beautiful this time of year.  On a serious note, hopefully Chris will be lucky enough to see the leaves changing colors.  You see, in Australia the weather is just TOO nice for the leaves to die off.  That does not take much getting used to for me! 


I am really happy for Colette, as I have never seen the logical and emotionally calculated sister be so sappy.  I love it.  When I mentioned this to her, her response was "I know, I am turning into YOU!" hahah.  I am a sucker for that romantic ridiculousness.  For more info on the love doves, here is their website: www.iancolettewedding.com   


I will keep wedding details comin but as for now-tickets are booked, and I am jumpin out of my skin for a holiday with the people I LOVE!


Well, I'm finding this post a little unfulfilling...but I guess magical writing doesn't come every time you unleash your fingers on the keyboard.  I am realizing even more, how much I admire those writers that I each time I tuck into their work, I always seem to be enlightened or entertained.


At the end of each post I have decided to add a small section where I can write "n'importe quoi", which is french for "nonsense".  It is a section where you can find my random thoughts, annoyances, general comments, unusual or potentially interesting/nerdy facts, pet peeves, things I've learned or just plain something I feel like typing about.


N'Importe Quoi: 

  • it annoys me when people keep bibs on their babies when it's not eatin time
  • a bigger handbag does not mean more space, it just means more junk. Along with that one, my husband often uses that to his advantage and I become a packhorse for whatever items he buys or wants to bring along when we are out.  Maybe I should make him start wearing a fanny pack or a man purse.
  • it's funny to watch a stray dog, because they always seem to be running somewhere.  
  • I always want to be the woman who's house radiates with the scent of her cooking.  I remember in my newspaper delivery days when I could smell meatballs or curries from outside the house!! That's some talent!  Mmmmmmmm


5 comments:

  1. Sarah you're hilarious! I am following your blog now. Oh the bib thing- so funny. I do this with Bryn sometimes but only on days that have been particularly "pukey", just easier to have something to catch it before it hits her clothes. But along those same lines, some bibs don't actually protect anything, and further some don't even absorb anything- SO ANNOYING!!! Oh the things for you to look forward to someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you about the baby bibs thing, especially when that bib has seen a few mashed carrots & peas since its last time to the wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the bib thing too - and the purse thing! I've tried not carrying one at all but that doesn't work either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that nonsense comments at the end! hilaroius. and being a meek, your blog is hilarious to read! glad you've been doing a good job of updating. very impressed

    ReplyDelete