Sunday, May 15, 2011

You're so 2000 and Late...(the irony that once written, sat in the drafts box...posting anyway)

AND LATE IS RIGHT!  What in the sam hell happened to time!  A true definition to getting old when the words "i never have time to do all the things I wanna do" come flying out of my before I can stop them.  I mean, I don't even have kids yet!  What is going to happen way down the track when I am underslept and cleaning mashed peas from out of the carpet?  Then will I have time?

Seriously though.  I remember when I was younger and time practically crawled by.  For example a simple family vacation felt like we could be driving for days on end, almost a week even.  Oh wait....we probably were!  That is probably the worst example of time I could have pulled out of the ol memory files, as our family drove around the North American continent as if were on some crazy version of the Amazing Race.  No complaints on the travelling side, plenty on the 34+ hours in "toaster on wheels".  Not only were we subject to long, gruelling hours (with limited temperature control I might add)...but we had to do so with our dignity at stake!  That being said, cuttin corners and cruisin around in a 5 times resurrected 1989 VW Vanagon was probably they way we funded "said" vacations.  They were awesome, and they were aplenty, so I will put this topic aside for another day, but I promise to enlighten you all some other time.  This will also give my dad some time to brace himself as I am probably going to have to watch my back for insulting one of his babies already in this short introduction.  Brace yourself dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment